Personal data represents any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, and an identifiable person is that person that may be identified directly or indirectly, particularly by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to its physical, psychological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
The processing of personal data is governed by the principles set forth in the data protection legislation applicable in Romania, including (EU) Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”).
We inform you that we may collect personal data from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you visit our websites, place an order, fill out a form, participate to an event organized by or with AMIQ’s involvement and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources AMIQ makes available to Users. You may be asked for, as appropriate, name and surname, e-mail, address or other contact information, title, occupation, industry, place of employment, or personal interests, and other information necessary to provide a license or service (hereinafter referred as “Products”) that were requested from us. You may, however, visit our websites anonymously. You can always refuse to supply personal data but you should know that your refusal may prevent you from engaging in certain related activities with AMIQ, including among others, providing our Products to you.
1. Categories of personal data, purposes and grands for processing
In the context of your interaction with AMIQ, we may use your personal data in the following cases:
• Clients, potential clients and their representatives, employees or other collaborators of AMIQ’s business partners: we use your personal data in order to be able to provide our Products as requested from us by and/or by our clients/potential clients, including in order to communicate with you with respect to your requests and any other relevant business-related matters. The following categories of personal data are or may be processed for these purposes: your name, surname, e-mail, phone, address as well as other relevant personal data submitted by you and/or by our clients/potential clients. The grounds for processing your personal data is the need to perform our agreement as well as AMIQ’s legitimate interest in ensuring that the contractual relationships with our business partners are managed and carried out in a properly manner. Distinct, AMIQ may have a legal obligation to process your personal data in connection with the performance of the contract concluded with AMIQ, for instance in order to comply with the relevant fiscal obligations.
• Newsletters: AMIQ may also use your contact details (name, surname and e-mail) in order to provide to you in electronic form our specialized newsletters on relevant technical developments, but only if you have subscribed and, hence, given your express consent to such processing. You can always withdraw your consent expressing thereby your option of not receiving such newsletters in the future by clicking “Unsubscribe” when you receive the respective e-mail or by writing at email@example.com. The grounds for processing your personal data in this context is your express consent to such processing.
• Post-license notification e-mails: AMIQ may also use your contact details (name, surname and e-mail, as provided by you or by our client/potential client) after the termination of our business relationships in order to provide to you in electronic form relevant technical information related to future developments, features and improvements of our Products which are in connection with your previous feedback or issue reports sent to us, but only if you have subscribed and, hence, given your express consent to such processing. You can always withdraw your consent expressing thereby your option of not receiving such notifications in the future by clicking “Unsubscribe” when you receive the respective e-mail or by writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. The grounds for processing your personal data in this context is your express consent to such processing.
• Participants to events organized by AMIQ or with AMIQ’s involvement: we may use your personal data in order to provide you access to, conduct and/or communicate to you the relevant materials related to IT&C specialised events organized by AMIQ or with AMIQ’s involvement. The following categories of data are or may be processed for this purpose: your name, surname, e-mail as well as other personal data that may be provided to us by you (directly or through your employer) or by the organizer of the event you attended. In case of webinars, we may process your name, surname and e-mail in order to send the webinar invitation and to facilitate your connection. However, you may access the webinar solely by indicating the name of the entity on whose behalf you are connecting. If the webinar is recorded, we will inform you in advance. By connecting to the webinar with the audio and/or video functions activated we will consider that you are expressing your consent to processing of your voice and/or image. In any case, you will also have the option to connect with these functions deactivated or you may deactivate them after you connected (we will stop recording you from the moment you withdraw your consent by deactivating the functions). The grounds for the processing of your personal data is AMIQ’s legitimate interest to conduct, organize and promote these events, including to maintain records with the persons participating at the events, to facilitate access thereof and to prevent any potential security issues.
• Testimonials: we may process your personal data (name, surname, professional title and e-link to your LinkedIn profile) in order to publish your testimonial on our Website within the section “Testimonials”, but only if you given your express consent to such processing. You can always withdraw your consent expressing thereby your option of not processing your personal data for this purpose by writing us at email@example.com. The grounds for processing your personal data in this context is your express consent to such processing.
• Contributors: we may process your personal data (name, surname, e-link to your LinkedIn profile) in order to identify you as contributor in the section “Contributors” published on our Website, but only if you given your express consent to such processing. You can always withdraw your consent expressing thereby your option of not processing your personal data for this purpose by writing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The grounds for processing your personal data in this context is your express consent to such processing.
• Blog: we may process your personal data (name, surname and other personal data submitted by you when you complete “Leave a comment” section) for identifying you and your comments in the “Comment” section published on our Website, but only if you given your express consent to such processing. You can always withdraw your consent expressing thereby your option of not processing your personal data for this purpose by writing us at email@example.com. The grounds for processing your personal data in this context is your express consent to such processing.
• Visitors of our premises: we may process your personal data (name, surname and other personal data) when you visit our premises, the grounds of such processing being AMIQ’s legitimate interest to protection of its premises, assets and personnel.
• When you exercise your rights under GDPR: we may also process your personal data during managing requests from you under GDPR, namely your data of identification as well as other personal data you may provide directly to us to the extent needed to fulfil these purposes, the grounds for processing being the legal obligation.
• In case AMIQ EDA and/or AMIQ CONSULTING are involved in change of structure or similar transactions: we may also process Users’ personal data during the process of structure changing or other similar transactions involving any AMIQ’s entity. For this purpose, we may process your identification data as well as other personal data provided by you or other party involved in the process, to the extent needed to fulfil this purpose. The grounds for processing your personal data in this case is AMIQ’s legitimate interest to conduct and conclude the respective transaction.
2. Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Websites that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and we are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our websites. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our websites, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
3. Regarding Children
We do not structure our websites to attract children. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect personal data from anyone under 18 years of age.
4. Disclosure of your personal data
We will not disclose your personal data to any third parties, as a rule. However, we may disclose your contact details to our affiliates and to our service providers (including data processors), in legal proceedings or other similar proceedings as well as before authorities when exercising their powers. We may also share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal data regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the websites or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
5. Duration of processing
Your personal data will only be stored as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. In particular:
• we intend to keep your personal data for the duration of our contractual relationships, as well as afterwards for a period not exceeding the applicable statute of limitation periods and/or in accordance with the legal obligations incumbent upon us;
• in case of personal data not collected in the context of supply of our Products, your personal data will be kept as long as necessary for achieving the purpose of the personal data collection (e.g. 75 years for data included in personal file; 4 years after our last contact with you, except in the event of request for deletion of your file, for data of unselected applicants for a position within AMIQ or for an internship; 4 years for documenting how the recruitment process was carried out; 4 years for data collected in connection with events organized by or with involvement of Amiq; 1 year for data collected from visitors of our premises; for the period we keep on our Websites the sections Testimonials, Contributors and Blog Comments provided that you given your express consent for proccesing your personal data in this respect and until you exercise your rights to object to such processing);
• in case of contact information used for providing to you Post-license notification e-mails related to future developments, features and improvements of our Products which are in connection with your previous feedback or issue reports sent to us during our business relationship, your personal data will be kept until you unsubscribe from our Post-license notification e-mails, at which point we will erase your personal data or, in case your data must be stored beyond for other legitimate purposes, add you to a suppression list to ensure we don’t accidentally send you further information material.
6. How we protect your information
AMIQ has adopted appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against accidental or unlawful alteration, loss, disclosure or unauthorized access of your personal data. Sensitive and private data exchange between our websites and their Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
In case of personal data breach, we will inform you, as well as the relevant national data protection authority, in accordance with the applicable regulation.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
In accordance with the provisions of GDPR, you have a series of rights, including: right to be informed, right to access, right to rectification, right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”), right to data portability, right to not be subject of automated individual decision-making as well as a right to object to the processing. You also have the right to withdraw your consent where we obtained your prior consent to process your personal data (without this withdrawal affecting the lawfulness of any processing that took place prior to the withdrawal) as well as the right to address the National Supervisory Authority For Personal Data Processing (having its headquarters at 28-30 G-ral Gheorghe Magheru Bld. District 1, Bucharest, 010336, Romania) or the competent courts, as you may consider necessary.
These rights can be exercised directly with us, by sending a written request at 43-45 Gen. H.M. Berthelot, 1st District, Bucharest, Romania, 030167 or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: 19 January 2021