Specador is a tool that automatically generates accurate HTML documentation from comments inserted in the source code.
Generates well-organized and effective documentation.
Enables the documentation process automation.
Saves time and reduces maintenance costs.
Enhances IP packaging.
Specador enables design and verification engineers to easily create and maintain proper and well-organized documentation.
With Specador, users can generate meaningful documentation of a design or verification environment even from poorly documented source code, because Specador compiles the code and outputs cross-linked class inheritance trees, design hierarchies, and diagrams.
Specador can be easily integrated into existing development flows. The documentation is always in sync with the source code, thus eliminating meticulous and problematic tasks like maintaining diagrams or updating lists of ports or functions to reflect the current revision number.
Specador is especially useful for packaging IPs, either for the IP providers or for those using an IP-oriented flow in their company.
- Language awareness. The documentation is organized by language specific concepts, including both relationship and structural information. For example, there are dedicated categories for packages, classes, entities or structs and one can easily explore the class inheritance, the design hierarchy or all entity architectures.
- Cross-linked documentation. For example users can easily jump from the function documentation to one of its argument type documentation.
- Hyperlinked diagrams. Specador generates diagrams such as Block and Schematic Diagrams or Inheritance and Collaboration UML Class Diagrams in the HTML output. The diagrams are hyperlinked and as such, one can click on a class in a diagram and jump to the chapter where it is documented.
- Review-oriented sections. Specador generates sections that aggregate information that focuses on the coverage or checking aspects, for example.
- Quick search. Users can search the documentation by class or module name.
- Enhanced readability of the HTML output. Because Specador recognizes the JavaDoc or NaturalDocs syntax, users can beautify the HTML output by using attributes like bold, italic, and lists.
- Documentation control. Users can control what documentation they generate, for example, they can filter out whole packages or private APIs. One may not want to expose an internal API, hence one has the ability to select what API subset will be documented.
- Additional embedded or linked documentation. One can easily embed other HTML documentation, add additional menus in the table of contents, or add links to MS Word and PDF documents and extra screenshots.
- Scalability. Specador automatically creates cross-links to pre-generated documentation of other IPs or projects.
5 reasons to choose Specador
- Generates well-organized and effective documentation, even from limited source code comments.
- Integrates easily into existing development flows allowing design and verification groups to automate the documentation process.
- Keeps the generated documentation in sync with the source code, therefore saving time and reducing maintenance costs.
- Enhances IP packaging.
- Encourages proper source code documentation.
Schedule a demo
Get in touch with one of our support engineers
to see a presentation.